I’m just a coach. Heck, what would I know about the corporate world? I might have spent 10 years in the real world using my marketing degree, but that was over 10 years ago. Again, I’m just a coach. But I do work with student-athletes on a daily basis….that come from the same student body that your company is most likely going to hire.
Are you going to take your chance on a student who’s resume is filled with sorority ‘community service’ events or a business fraternity ‘fundraising’ auction. Or are you going to hedge your company’s future on a proven leader, a person well versed on team dynamics, with pinpoint focus on goals, and time-management skills better than most the employees currently at your company? Not that I would know what you are looking for, but these well recent known publications might:
- The Wall Street Journal, Student Athletes Report Success After College
- Time / Money Magazine: Student Athletes More Likely to Thrive After College Than Non-Athletes
- NBC News College Athletes Find Success in College and the Workplace
- Fast Company: Why Your Next Employee Should Be A Former Student Athlete
- New York Daily News: Female athletes score higher than non-athletes after college